A quest! At long last, a quest has been given to you by the one true god! The quest is ill-explained and vaguely defined, but it requires you to go forth and find the Holy Grail, which god in his infinite wisdom has somehow misplaced. Joining you are the Knights of the Round Table and their leader, Arthur; together, you'll encounter many obstacles, and if you'll pass them you'll win the Holy Grail of slots machines – an enormous progressive jackpot with enough money that would last you a life time!
You might have enjoyed other progressive jackpot games in the past, such as the Everybody Jackpot slots or the Deal or no Deal world slots, but now it's time for something merely superficially different! The Spamalot slots are based on a stage-play by the same name, who in turn is based on the works of the "Monty Python" comedy group, mainly their movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", with some bits tossed in for fun. The game takes the art style and unique humor of the show and runs with it, giving every fan a warm fuzzy feeling and generating more than zero chuckles. The game itself is just as splendid, and offers a huge array of fabulous prizes to go side by side with all the witty one-liners. This game is as profitable as it is funny, and if that doesn't set you spinning, nothing will.
Spamalot is a 5 reel, 20 line slot machine game. The game is played using five spinning reels, each marked across its side with the different symbols of the game, many of which depict characters from the movie and play. When these reels spin, they create a random, 15-symbol board, across which sets of matching symbols might appear across the active pay-lines. When this happens, you win a prize based on the type of set that appeared, with each set corresponding to a fixed value, as denoted in the pay-table, and then multiplied by your line bet amount. The biggest prize on the reels is 5,000 times the line bet amount, which is quite a hefty sum!
Bonus rounds, big and small
Your quest will not be finished by merely spinning the reels. To complete it, you must complete certain scenes and pass mighty challenges! However, each scene will reward you independently, so they are all worth your time.
There are four scenes, happening sequentially. Each scene starts when you spin a bonus scene symbol on the first and last reels, and each time you'll get the next one in line.
- The "Cows in Your General Direction" scene: The first scene you'll encounter has you laying siege to a French castle. The defenders will be flinging cows at you, while you will be trying to avoid them. For every missed cow, you'll win a reward. Also, it is best no to ponder such things as "Where do they get all those cows from?" and "Why don't they use rocks?" – French knights are a mysterious and powerful lot.
- The "Annoyingly Determined Knight" scene: The second scene has you fighting the Black Knight. The black night isn't too good at fighting, but will survive almost anything – do your best to cripple him by cutting off his arms and legs. You have four strikes, and for every hit you'll win a prize! But be careful – while the Black Knight is too inept to actually harm you, he might dodge your attacks and cause the multiplier on your prize to drop. What a stupid bastard.
- The "The Knights who would soon be the knights who say ekki-ekki-ekki-ptang-zoom-boing" scene: The third scene sees you sent on a quest to fetch a shrubbery for the gardening enthused Knights who Say Ni(!). After being sent on this side-quest you will get to the village, where each house hides a shrubbery – choose one house and you'll get to bring the Knights who Say Ni(!) that shrubbery, and see what it's worth. If you don't like it, you can go back to the village and choose another one – but take care, because you can only do this three times and there is no going back!
- The "Run away from the bunny rabbit" scene: In this last and final scene, the Knights of the Round Table find themselves trying to pass by the lair of the beast – a bunny rabbit so ferocious that all those who meet it in combat die. The only way to deal with it is to hit it with a holy hand grenade. You need to select the rock behind which the bunny rabbit hides – if you hit, the bunny dies and all the men pass. If you miss, the bunny will viciously murder one of your men – and while you never liked them anyway, each one is worth money if they pass, so the better you aim, the more you'll make.
When you've completed all the scenes, you'll go back to the first one (if you again spin two bonus symbols) – but with much more money than you've had before. Such joy.
To add more insanity to the game, all players can win free spins! To spin freely, all you need to do is spin the reels and win three (or more) scatter symbols. When you do, you'll immediately win 10 free spins with random wilds. These will be based on the bet you had when you won them, so make sure you bet high!
As you spin, to make sure you win as much as you can, a swallow* will pass by and drop coconuts on the reels – each will turn into an extra wild symbol, giving you tons of wins.
*It is not known, at this time, if this swallow is African or European. If we ever figure out, you'll be the first to know.
What’s more insane that that? For more exciting free spins games, go to our free spins page for details of how to claim your free spin bonus!
The most progressive jackpot of them all
With each round you play, and with each round anyone anywhere plays, a small portion of his bet goes into the progressive jackpot. This jackpot is huge and is only waiting for a winner. To win it, all you need to do is get to the top of the Holy Grail trail.
First, win the Holy Grail trail by spinning five Holy Grail trail symbols in the free games. When you do, select the correct item on each of the levels. If you manage to climb all the way to the top, you'll win the jackpot and be as rich as a human being can be.
How to play – a play in one act
Playing Spamalot is as easy as playing Spamalot – all you need to do is click the correct button in the control panel!
- Info: Shows the pay-table and information about the game.
- Lines -/+: Select the amount of active lines you are betting on.
- Line bet: Change how much money you are betting on each line.
- Bet max: Activate all lines and spin immediately. It is a silly button.
- Auto-spin: Why spin yourself when others can do it for you? A king deserves better. Select how many spins you want and let thy servants spin for you.
- SPIN!: Spin to win! Spin for fun and fortune! Glory awaits those who spin these reels. What are you waiting for?
Tips from the Knights
Playing Spamalot is not a hard affair, but winning big might be. First, do your best to master all the scenes in the quest, as each would win you tons of money. Second, always bet high, to make sure the free spins are worth your while. And third, always look on the bright side of life – it might not get you closer to winning, but at least you'll have a blast trying!